LinkedIn May Not Work for You
Why LinkedIn May Not Work for You…and how to fix it
“Hey if LinkedIn isn’t your best and cheapest marketing tool then read on” …
First of all, see if you can answer a few simple questions:
- Does your LinkedIn profile tell your prospects what you can do to help solve their problems and pain points?
- Do you make it easy for prospects to connect with you?
- Do you make an effort to congratulate and communicate with your followers?
- Do you belong to LinkedIn groups and comment on posts in these groups?
- Do you comment on posts in LinkedIn Pulse?
If you answered yes to all five questions you are to be commended.
By doing all four of these things well, you should be achieving great results.
If you have done these five things and are still not getting results, it may be time to look for some expert help.
There are many steps you can take to have a better LinkedIn experience
The first and main thing to get right is your profile.
This is the first thing your prospect will see, so you better get it right.
To start with:
- Put up a professional picture of yourself
- State clearly what you do
- Talk about how you can help your prospect
- Have a strong call to action
- Make it easy for people to contact you; phone, email, website.
Looking for new connections
You can make LinkedIn work better for you by searching for prospects to connect with on a regular basis.
You may find these through groups or by using the search feature on LinkedIn.
Persistence is the name of the game here, but don’t spam or annoy people or it will come back and bite you.
Are You Using LinkedIn like Facebook?
If you answered yes to this one, you are doomed to failure.
Unfortunately, we are seeing more and more Facebook stuff appearing on LinkedIn.
This is causing many businesses to move away from LinkedIn and look for an alternative source to market their business.
LinkedIn was created as a meeting place, so business people could get together and talk business.
It was not created to talk about:
- how good you are
- or look for sympathy
- or spread gossip
- or talk about the new baby…leave it for Facebook.
If you are talking about any of the above mentioned, it will not work here on LinkedIn.
This is a social network for business people
We need to be professional about the way we go about communicating with other business people.
We need to understand that they are busy like us.
They are gathered here to find useful contacts and useful information.
If you can provide both, you will be a winner for sure.
If you try and overwhelm them with your sales pitch you will be a loser.
If you found this article useful please share it so others may benefit as well.
Need help with any of the above?
Call or email me:
LinkedIn Lead Ninja | Dynamic Marketer